Tuesday 5 June 2012

Workshop, Garments and Metaphors

(published on website April, 2012)...
Gosh, a week has already gone and we can say our farewell for this year to Easter. A quiet one for me and I hope a happy and safe one for all.

In a previous blog I talked about how busy we were getting ready for the Launch of Urban Rags on the 4th of May and also our upcoming workshop on the 21st of this month. I’m always excited about our workshops as we only take a small amount of people, this allows me to be able to work with each person personally. Something I love doing.

Watching people find their creative spirit is a wonderful thing. They realise that they can create a garment from something that started out as ordinary, and turn that into something extraordinary. Here is some food for thought.

What if this was only the beginning of changing something, what if you start out with a garment and this becomes a metaphor for your life? Then the change that we seek may not be that awful thing that holds us back…FEAR…you know False Evidence Appearing Real. As I said Food for Thought… Talk to you next week.

Yours in Upcycling

Judythe

No comments:

Post a Comment