Tuesday 5 June 2012

Have You Tried Something New Lately?

(published on website April, 2012)...
Our workshop is this weekend and I am always excited at the possibilities. When our students arrive there is an anticipation of what is to come. You can see the questions on their faces. Will I be able to make a garment? How will that look? Will I make a fool of myself?

By the end of the day the looks turn to relief and joyousness. “I did it!” and most times, they did it really well. It’s like life isn’t it? Sometimes we do it really well and sometimes fairly average. It doesn’t matter how you do it, as long as you do.

I was thinking of some sayings I’ve heard or read over the years – “Better to have tried and failed, than to never have tried at all”, “You can’t get to the other side unless you leave the shore” and so on. 
Charles T. Tart is known for his
more than 50 years of research
on the nature of consciousness,
altered states of consciousness
and parapsychology

These sayings are food for thought. I think most people live their daily lives in some sort of unconscious state, like being under hypnosis, aware but not really in the present.

Charles T. Tart said it very aptly, “Most people spend their lives in Life’s waiting room”. I’ll leave you to ponder that. Talk to you next week.

Yours in Upcycling
Judythe

No comments:

Post a Comment